Thursday, September 18, 2014

Soy Braised Pork with Rice

My friend, CM sold a few of us some spices sachet - something like sachet d'epices - used to cook soy braised meats.  Each sachet is used for half a kilogramme of meat. So I brought it home and Mom used it to braise some pork belly, beancurd sticks and hardboiled eggs.

It was easy to make too. Mom caramelised some sugar and added some soy sauce to the mixture. Finally she poured in some water and added the meat and left it to braise.

Yummy 

While cooking, the aroma of the herbs and spices wafted through the house and even next door. Second Aunt even asked what Mom was cooking. Lols. Me? I enjoyed the meats a lot ... the flavour was just right. Yums.

2 comments:

  1. home cooked meal!!! I like home cooked meal....tht plate is yours? u eat so little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ... it's my plate, lols. It's sufficient for me, really. :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...