Friday, September 26, 2014

Kueh Chap @ Foody Goody

D seldom looked me up for breakfast .... so I was pleasant surprised when he wanted to go all the way to Foody Goody at Stutong for breakfast.

We reached there at about 7.45 a.m., and joined his friend DS and family for breakfast. Duh. No wonder D wanted to go there. DS had asked him to for the past few weeks. DS had, in fact, recommended us to try the kueh chap which he claimed to be a family favourite.

So kueh chap was what we ordered.

Kueh Chap, RM5.00 for a small bowl

Well, yeah .... the kueh chap was nice. The broth was aromatic, and not overpowered by spices. The ingredients included different cuts of pork and offal and beancurd as well. But know what? I wished there were soy-braised eggs in there ..... so I was rather disappointed at that. Overall, a nice bowl of kueh chap.

The youtiao here, I must say, is one of the best in Kuching. 

Youtiao, RM0.80 per stick
Crispy and yet chewy, salty, very yummy

I was, in fact, thinking of the youtiao here all the time! Alas, I can only buy them on weekends.

All of the sudden, someone whispered my name at my ear. Jeez! It was my cousin WC. She and her husband were operating a stall here and I did not know it! All the while I thought they were operating at open air market. I'd think that Ah Mui's beef noodle need no introduction ...... they'd been selling for years and years .........

2 comments:

  1. quite delicious looking kueh chap! despite being labelled 'small', it seems to have lotsa ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does. The kueh chap was not bad but it's the youtiao I'd go back for!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...