Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lunch @ One Kopitiam

We were driving around and deciding which coffee shop to go to for lunch .... D hated crowds. I loved crowds. Well .... not really loved it, but I didn't quite mind a reasonable-sized crowd. Parking was a problem too .... and we had circled the place once but there wasn't anywhere to park .... till we chanced upon one in front of One Kopitiam. We decided to eat there then.

Our drinks ... 

I walked among the stalls and decided on nasi lemak. D walked a round too and he came back not knowing what to eat. So I urged him to order from the first stall - where soup and rice were sold. It was the right choice, because he loved it. Good, he said, satisfied with his meal. 

Pumpkin Rice, and Ten Tonic Ginseng and Chicken Soup

I did not try the pumpkin rice .... but it looked light and fluffy, flavoured by the natural sweetness of the pumpkin and savoury dried shrimps. I did try the ten tonic ginseng soup and I loved it!! 

Meanwhile, I had Nasi Lemak ...

Nasi Lemak with fried chicken ... 

The nasi lemak looked pretty ok .... except that it was not a memorable meal at all. I wouldn't eat nasi lemak here for a second time. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...