Monday, September 22, 2014

Nyan Shin's Traditional Noodles

CM and I were walking along Carpenter Street when we saw people waving at us from inside a kopitiam. They were our colleagues B and LC, and they were having a drink while waiting for their husbands to pick them up to go home.

CM and I joined them at the table, and we ordered noodles for brunch .... cause we were at Nyan Shin and noodles is what Nyan Shin is famous for. Both CM and I ordered the traditional Hakka noodles ....

Traditional Hakka Noodles, RM4.00

Well, the noodles were really yum! CM said so too. The noodles were dense but not hard, springy, superbly tasty as they were coated in aromatic oil. I liked the texture and the flavour. Only that I did not dare finish the entire bowl .... I ate only a few mouthfuls and left the noodles behind.

Over the meal, I got to know LC better. I had never actually spoken to her at work .... but it was quite nice to be able to actually chit chat with her about work and things in general.

"Are you all teachers?" the kopitiam operator asked us after overhearing us talking about school and our students. "Why are there so many teachers here today? This morning there was a large group from KHS," she informed us.

Lol. We told here we just happened to be nearby .... and thanked her for patiently waiting for us to finish our meal. They were closing shop already ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...