Friday, September 12, 2014

Chicken Rice @ Homemade Specialties

D was working overtime as he had an important deadline to meet. So he was taking a dinner break nearby his office, and since I was in the vicinity, I joined him. He wanted to eat at Homemade Specialties; specifically, he wanted to eat chicken rice.

6.00 p.m, he told me ....

And I was there 5.50 p.m. ..... and I did not see any chicken rice. Well, the stall only started to operate at 6.30 p.m. But already, almost all the tables at the shop were occupied. People were waiting for the chicken rice.

Was it that good? D placed the order .... and after that .... we waited 30 minutes to be served.

The rice, soup and condiment

The meat

A regular serving was RM4.50. After that meal, D and I had gone back another time .... 

And these were for 2 pax, RM9.00

Now, let's deconstruct this chicken rice ....

First up, the rice was fluffy and not too moist, quite fragrant too. The steamed free-range chicken of course, had better texture for meat, and was only lightly seasoned with light soy and sesame sauce. The soup was however, great - served piping hot and so naturally sweet! And the chilli condiment had a distinct flavour to it ... perhaps with just a tinge of belacan or prawn paste inside. I think the chicken rice here has a homemade feel to it. That' why it appeals to so many people!

3 comments:

  1. I know the place! Help my fren tapao and have to wait about 20 to 30 minute. Hmm ....don't like to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the chicken rice was rather yum. My friend D liked the fragrant and tasty rice very much. D did not like to wait either ..... but somehow, he would wait for this chicken rice. Funny.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...