Saturday, September 13, 2014

Traditional Banmian @ Shan City Kopitiam

Is there any special place that you would like to go for lunch? D asked.

I was flexible.

So D decided to head to the Jalan Song area, where there were more shops to eat. We had nearly reached Brighton Square, when D asked if I would like to eat banmian.

And we went to Shan City Kopitiam for lunch.

The last time I was here, I ordered the dry banmian, but found the soup version to be yummier. This time, I wasn't going to make the same mistake.

D and I both ordered the traditional banmian in soup.

Traditional Banmian Soup, RM6.30

The noodles were springy - and there was a large portion! I ate only about a quarter and was already full! The soup was so sweet. Coupled with the distinctive flavour of the cangkuk manis and the crunchy and salty anchovies, the bowl of banmian was really enjoyable. I also loved the ambience here at the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...