Thursday, April 23, 2015

Spice Up With Sambal Belacan ...

I was having another dinner alone. Dad and Mom had gone to Grandma's again. Earlier on, I requested Mom to make me some pickles .... the weather here in Kuching was too hot, and I thought pickled cucumbers would be more palatable than stir-fried vegetables.

So I  took some pickles out from the fridge, took some leftover rice and leftover chicken from the fridge ... and heated them up in the microwave. To make my meal more appetising .... all I did was to pound a small knob of belacan with one long green cili padi  .... and squeezed 2 pieces of lime into the mortar ... of course, and with a dash of salt and sugar too.  

Dinner with sambal belacan .... 

Dip the chicken into the sambal ..... slurps. Shiok! And I found out that my portion of rice was too little .... With sambal belacan, I could eat lots and lots of plain white rice ..... :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...