Monday, April 13, 2015

Deep-fried Chicken Wings @ Peach Garden

The man and his buddy, W returned the next day to swim at the very nice pool at Tropics Condominium. I tagged along. :P

Upon reaching the condominium, we promptly changed into our swimming attire, and made our way to the pool. It was 7.00 p.m., and we had the pool to ourselves. Private pool. :))

The blue water was inviting ......I'd swum only a few laps, and quickly got tired and preferred to soak in the warm water while watching the men swim.

There were changing and shower rooms available and so, it was very convenient to clean up after the swim.


Dinner was at Peach Garden, Jalan Song ....

W urged me to try the deep-fried chicken wings here, which he claimed was better than those at KFC. Lol. Since he had said that, I just had to try them. I promptly ordered some for us to share .....

Deep-fried chicken wings

RM2.20 per piece

Well, I found that the chicken wings were quite well marinated, very crispy. Though quite tasty, the meat was a bit dry for me ... so not quite better than KFC in my books. The chilli sauce was special as well - spicy, sweet, sour with the refreshing taste of lime.

But is it better than KFC? Hmn .... it's quite subjective.

W told me that the main stall was at Lee Coffee Shop at Stutong, and this one at Peach Garden seemed like a subsidiary of that stall.

W ate one piece of chicken wing .... and proclaimed that the one at the original stall was better - crispier, he said.

Wow! I thought that the ones here were already crispy enough, so I would not be able to imagine anything crispier than that! I'd really have to go there to try them out myself.

Nevertheless .... I did enjoy tonight's post-swimming snack. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...