Sunday, April 26, 2015

Visit To MV Logos Hope

I want to go to The Ship. That was my request to the man. He indulged me. Yay. So off we went to the port where the ship, MV Logos Hope, berthed.

MV Logos Hope
The ship was huge! And it had a crew of about 400 people. Amazing! 

MV Logos Hope is a floating book fair which will be in Kuching till 29 April. It carries over 5,000 titles at affordable prices. Well, I had visited one or two of such floating book fairs over the years .... but I couldn't recall the last visit. Hmn .... it had to be more than one or two decade ago? Hmn .... I really cannot remember, so this visit is as good as my first visit. 

When we reached there, volunteers showed us where to park. Then we walked join in the line for the queue to go into the ship. There, I bumped into a former student from Miri - my class of 2005! I was ecstatic to see him, and to know that he had graduated and was working. :))

The line moved very quickly, and soon, we reached the little kiosk to pay our entrance fee of RM1.00 per adult, and then we climbed aboard to the deck. 

Book Fair

Ooooh ... crowded .... 

There were so many people that afternoon ..... and we had to really navigate past them to browse the many books on the shelves. They were books on many subjects - language, cookery, hobbies, devotionals, atlases and so on. The prices were quoted in units, actually. So a book priced at 200 is RM16, because every 25 is equivalent to RM2.00. 

Besides books, there were CDs, gifts and stationery. The man bought 2 books, and tried to get me to buy something .... but in the end I was still empty-handed. Lol. 

Exiting the cashiers, we walked along some panels with lots of graphics .... 

I think these intended to tell a story, which was narrated over the PA

But we weren't really paying attention to it. Just before the International Cafe, the multinational crew were sharing with the crowd their experiences with the ship and with Kuching in general .... 

Taking a peek outside ... 

The man asked whether I wanted some ice-cream and snacks .... well, the queue was too long. So we shuffled to the exit and went home. It had a nice time, though. Thanks to the man for bringing me. Now I know the way to the port. I may just come back again to visit the book fair before the ship sails to the next port. :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...