Monday, March 23, 2015

Shilin Station

If you turn into Foochow Road No. 2 from Sekama and drive along the road, there is a little shop on the left side of the road. Its name is Shilin Station, and it sells snacks like shao bao, shao mai, steamed bao and so on.


I've been driving past this little shop for a long time, but I had never stopped. Today after exercise, I decided to buy some snacks for my tea break ....

Shao bao, RM1.70 each

Sweet pastry, RM1.50 each 

I was anticipating the pastries till I cut them opened ... and was disappointed ...

Hmn .... doesn't look too appealing ...... 

The pastry skin was too thick! The Shao Bao filling was too dry and not very memorable .... the skin too was thick and dry and tasteless. The same was for the sweet pastry, but its only consolation being that the filling wasn't too sweet. So if I had to choose between the two, I'd say that the sweet pastry fared better than the savoury one.

 Shao Mai, RM0.80 each 

The shao mai was better than the baked pastries, wasn't salty ... and tasted alright with chilli sauce. Next time, I'd try the steamed buns ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...