Friday, March 13, 2015

Kueh Chap @ Yang Guan Cafe

We were going to Cosway at Ban Hock Road. After beating the traffic jam, we had another problem of finding a place to park the car. At lunch time, Ban Hock Road was really crowded .... and only after circling the vicinity for such a long time, we managed to find a parking. Buying our stuff was a breeze ... and then it was time for lunch.

We went to Yang Guan Cafe at Ban Hock Road just now, where I had ....


Kueh Chap, RM4.00

The kueh chap was ordered from a stall also selling Bak Kut Teh & Kompia. The prices for kueh chap ranged from RM4 to RM6; I ordered a small bowl for RM4.00. Well, let me deconstruct it for you. First of all, I find the flat sheet noodles to be rather springy! Just the kind of texture that I liked! Next, the all-important broth had a tinge of herbal flavour, which ended with a sweet liquorice aftertaste. It was not bad, actually. The meats comprised of pork belly, lean meat, neat squares of pork skin, and pig stomach. They were all tender and infused with the braising sauce. Also present in the bowl was slices of tofu. Eat the kueh chap together with the lime and chilli dip accompaniment.

Well, I don't think the kueh chap here at Yang Guan is well-known in town, and I don't think they would be among those in the list of best kueh chaps in town, but I'd say that they do serve a decent bowl of kueh chap. :)) 

Next to Yang Guan Cafe was Lee Coffee Shop, and I could see that the bak chang dumpling and pulut panggang stall was still selling. Yayy! I walked over to buy my favourite pulut panggang.

Pulut Panggang, RM1.50

Read here. The pulut texture was great and it was very pleasant to eat with the sweet, savoury, spicy and piquant coconut-dried prawns filling. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...