Monday, March 16, 2015

Peach Garden, Jalan Song

We went for a massage at this outlet called "Fushen Health Services". It is located at Tabuan Heights Commercial Centre, the same row as Porkies. The masseuses are all Chinese women from Mainland China. Normally, I would forego the Chinese masseuses in favour of Thai or Indonesian ones. But it seems that I had no options here.

When we reached there, all the masseuses were occupied. That meant that business was really good here. We did not make a booking, and had to wait for about 15 minutes till the next two masseuses were available.

Then, we were ushered into the massage cubicles. The lady (no. 21) who massaged me was middle-aged, and she had very firm hands. She gave me very assertive rubs in very consistent strength, so I must say that I had a great massage session, relieving me of the soreness in my shoulders and back. The man, however, felt very lethargic after that. Geez .... I'd be worried if he suffered the same effects as the last traumatic massage he had. Hmn ....

We had an 1 1/2 hour session for RM42,00; an additional RM10.00 was charged if one wanted a special medicated ointment to be applied during the massage.

At least this massage outlet did not cheat on the duration - the 1 1/2 hour session was fully used up (unlike some places I know of!)

We exited the shop after we paid .... and walked along the shops when we saw a large crowd of people at Peach Garden.

Wow! I exclaimed. We walked over there and decided to have our dinner there too. The thing about this place was that the round tables were so crowded together. It was impossible to sit without encroaching the next table!! Well, I sat facing the man, but we were not the only 2 persons at the table.

 At first....

We had 2 strangers' backs at the table! It was downright weird!!!! And I felt really uncomfortable. I tried to move the table a little, but I could not do so. The table must have been screwed to the ground! Fortunately, one table finished eating and left. So I quickly shifted next to the man. It was easier to talk and to share our food that way.


I moved and it felt less weird

I ordered a pork burger.

 Pork burger, RM6.00

The bigger was larger than usual, but it looked flat. So I pried it open to see .....  

 There's the pork patty 

 And a huge mess of chilli, cucumber, onions, mayo and chilli sauce

While it was edible, I'd say that it was nothing great. And at RM6.00, it sure was not cheap! 

Chicken Chee Cheung Fun 

This was not bad ..... I liked the thin and elastic pastry, the filling had not only minced chicken, but it had some chopped mushrooms as well. The sauce was not bad too. I think the chee cheung fun would be nicer had the filling been prawns or char siew. 

 Teochew Oyster Omelette, RM10.00
I did not like the pastry which was too thick and chewy for me. 

The next time I come here, I'd sit outside and dine al fresco. At least it did not look too crowded there. There were really, really a lot of stalls here selling all sorts of food. I've yet to explore them all .... till next time. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...