Sunday, August 31, 2014

Dinner @ Premier 101 Kuching

Lots of stalls, lots of people. I loved the merry atmosphere. I loved the little red lanterns and coloured lights hanging above me. I loved seeing the people browsing at the various stalls ... I loved the smell of food cooking as it wafted in the air. There is, in fact, a lot to like about this place, the food street at Premier 101 Kuching.

The thing about eating here, was that one had to know what to order and from which stall. Because the quality of the food served at certain stalls were really very substandard, so much so that I felt compelled to tell what they were!


 Hot tea for us .... 

 Pork satay ...
The satay were alright, but the peanut sauce was not so nice. I found that the peanuts were ground till quite fine, so much so that it had seemed to be somewhat of a paste, and the sauce was not spicy at all. I liked the sauce to have a little kick.

 Sambal fried kueh tiaw
Again ... another miss. The sambal flavour was neither here nor there, as if it could not decide whether it wanted to be sambal or not; the kueh tiaw was not well-fried and tiny cockles which I suspected were canned cockles were used. I did not like this.

Claypot pork rice
This was the worst claypot rice I had eaten ... cooked rice were used, with merely the topping poured atop and perhaps heated up over fire .... sigh .... 

What were nice ....... 

 Bitter gourd with egg
I liked this dish lots .... very well-fried and tasty .... 

 Steamed fish
The fish was really fresh and sweet, and the clear fish maw gravy was tasty as well; only that the fish was too large for the two of us to share ... we had a difficult time finishing it, and it was only a quarter of a fish too.

Fresh cut fruits
I loved the sweet and fresh papaya and jackfruit 

And that was the end of our dinner ...... some hits and misses, so be sure to know which stall to order from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...