Monday, August 11, 2014

Chicken Rice @ Chicking Eating House

D, my lunch buddy, and I headed to Chicking Eating House ... and this time, I ordered the steamed chicken rice. A portion for 1 person is RM5.00.

Steamed chicken rice set, RM5.00
There's a plate of rice, a separate plate of steamed chicken, the condiments made up of sweet soy sauce and a spicy and tangy blended chilli sauce,  a bowl of soup. 

The rice is moist, fluffy and not greasy. While it not the best in town, it was decent enough. I liked the spicy chilli sauce which had a balanced flavour, but I liked the salted vegetable soup very much as it had a sour aftertaste. Yums. 


Steamed chicken
I felt that the portion of the chicken was quite generous ... but what made it different was a serving of pickles at the side. The pickles were sweet and sour .... and absolutely addictive!  

Before I knew it, I had finished all my rice ............. 

 Blanched baby bok choy with oyster sauce 
The vegetables were crunchy and not overcooked, yet moist and lightly flavoured. I liked it. 

I think this place offers very decent food at reasonable prices .... and that explains why it is so packed at lunch time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...