Saturday, August 30, 2014

Little Hainan

Lunch at Little Hainan was a disappointment .... because we had not realised until too late that we were overbilled. RM29.00; AT was wondering why we had to pay so much ..... until very much later, we realised that we had ordered soy-braised eggs and it never came. Even if the eggs were served, our bill would not even come to RM29.00. We HAD to be billed wrongly. The food, too -  we recommended to me by a few people - perhaps I had too high an expectations and hence, was disappointed.

Coffee and tea; AT liked the thick tea very much

Salted vegetable soup and chilli dip; AT thought the soup was too salty, but I liked it

Char siew rice
My students K and M have raved to me a lot of times about the char siew ... for me, they tasted alright, but not exactly to die for; The rice was too soft and moist for AT, but I thought it was alright. The cucumber pickles were cut in large pieces .. and what I disliked as the granulated sugar coating the cucumbers .... 

Steamed chicken rice

OMG! Why don't you like the food? M exclaimed when I expressed my disappointment ...

Well, perhaps I just went at the wrong time; service was so slow ... I think they were undestaffed.  Certainly, it had not been a very pleasant meal for me, where the food, service and experience were concerned.

2 comments:

  1. Hi... wondering when u will visit my fren's ayam penyet.. I bet u won't regret..Well, take your time, u got eng, then u come..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi yatty84, I haven't visited yet ..... will find the opportunity. :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...