Friday, August 1, 2014

Lunch @ The Spring Food Bazaar

I joined my new friends, S & CM for lunch at the Food Bazaar, The Spring. They had finished their work earlier and so had gone to the mall first. I went only a little while later.

When I arrived there, they were already eating ....

Cantonese-style Kueh Tiaw ... hmn .... 

S did not sing praises for this plate of noodles .... frankly, it did not look that impressive, but then we were all taught not to judge something by its looks :P 

BBQ Squid

Now, this dish looked great, but tasted so bland .... I think they forgot to put salt. We left much of the dish uneaten. 

Nasi Lemak

Well, this nasi lemak with a whole chicken thigh was yummy. The presentation was great, as the whole of the large plate was filled! Now just compare it with the dismal way the Cantonese-style Kueh Tiaw was served in. 

Looks aside, I found the nasi lemak totally enjoyable, as the rice was rather fragrant and the sambal packed a punch. Not bad. :)) 

After lunch, the girls went shopping.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...