Saturday, August 16, 2014

Lunch @ Ipoh Town Kopitiam

I couldn't decide what to eat, and in the end, I ordered the Rendang Fried Rice.

Rendang Fried Rice, RM9.90

Well, the rice was actually quite tasty ... flavourful, fluffy and not too greasy. The prawns went quite well with it. It's just that the presentation did not impress much. Why? The square plate was too huge. And because of that, it took MORE to fill up the plate. And so it was a sunny side up there, a saucer of sambal next to it, a miserable amount of pickles and a small piece of deep-fried chicken wing. That hardly seemed to suffice, as the whole plate still looked miserable. Why not just stick to a smaller plate, I wondered. 

Of course, I had the iced white coffee. It was served in an oversized enamel mug. Some people thought it was not classy at all to have coffee in a mug like that. I did not actually mind though. 

Iced White Coffee, RM3.00
Well, it was a huge mug, not too sweet and quite pleasant to drink.

10% service charge came to RM1.29 and 6% government tax amounted to RM0.77. I paid RM14.95 for my meal. Quite pricey, eh? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...