Thursday, August 14, 2014

Beef Vermicelli @ Jade Pot Tea House

D and I went shopping on a regular weekend, and as usual, we went for lunch after that. D let me pick where I wanted to go to .... but I was indecisive, and we ended up at Jade Pot Tea House, along Jalan Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce, formerly known as Jalan Keretapi.

After sitting down and making ourselves comfortable, a dour-looking fellow came to take our orders. He looked indifferent even when answering my questions. Hmn ... kinda exuding a very unfriendly atmosphere, eh?

So we had ....

Chilled flavoured tea made rather refreshing drinks. 

Seasoned kelp
Served cold, this appetiser was very tasty - a bit sour and very aromatic. The chillies, spring onions and sesame seeds added extra texture and flavour. I liked it! 

Glass noodles with stewed beef soup 

The Taiwan-style beef stew was quite delicious. The broth was sweet and beefy, and the pieces of meat were so tender. Only that I felt that the noodles did not quite hold it together. A hearty broth like this is meant to be eaten with thicker noodles which can absorb the soup and the flavour .... and not the thin glass noodles .....

The portion was quite large, I find. And I could share my noodles with D. D was having his "no carb" moment. Lol, and he merely ordered the beef soup. But the soup looked really sorry .... and I find myself transferring noodles and the other ingredients into his bowl .... lol.

Well, perhaps if I come back here to eat next time, I'd try the dumplings .... they looked tempting. :))

2 comments:

  1. looks good! I agreed that the beef stew should go with some thicker noodles...or even rice.
    but well "no carb"...so rice option is out.
    I would prefer rice, if they offer such in the menu ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think they have plain rice to offer, yes. The beef stew did come with thicker noodles, just that I opted for vermicelli which did not go very well with the stew. The stew was not bad, really, do have a try.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...