Monday, August 4, 2014

Famous Moo Beef Noodles Special

I had the Famous Moo Beef Noodles Special at Sia Food Court at City One Mega Mall recently ... I had wanted to try this as I had read a few good reviews about the beef noodles here. I ordered a Beef Special with Kueh Tiaw.

Beef Special, RM7.00 

However, I found that this version of beef noodles was not to my liking. The soup itself, did not agree with my tastebuds, as I found it overpowered by spices - namely star anise - hence giving it a sweeter licorice flavour. 

Here .... take another look into the bowl ... 
The kueh tiaw or flat rice noodles are hidden, submerged in the dark coloured broth. There were sliced beef, beef balls and tripe accompanying the noodles. Oh yes, there were some beansprouts too.


Hmn .... perhaps a dash of green would have liven the whole bowl up and made it seem more appetising. :P

2 comments:

  1. From the pictures, it looks oily....

    ReplyDelete
  2. it did not feel that oily, but the taste was not so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...