Saturday, August 2, 2014

Economical Lunch @ Jia Jia Cafe

What I loved about Jia Jia was the variety of dishes they served! There were so many that it could not fit into the display case ... and some dishes sat on separate tables behind the cases. Spoilt for choice, sometimes it was difficult to choose what to eat .....

Upon reaching the shop, it is typical to see a queue at the display case. Each person will be holding a plate of rice .... and as they approach the display case, they spoon the dishes of choice onto their plate. Self-service. Once done, show the cashier lady the plate and be charged accordingly.

My plate .... 
Just a dollop of rice, a portion of steamed minced meat, stir-fried beansprouts, stir-fried baby kailan, and a piece of honey chicken. It cost me RM4.50.

I found the dishes to be alright ... I did like the steamed minced meat because it was very savoury, the beansprouts were crunchy, and the baby kailan was a tad too oily. About the only dish I did not quite like on my plate that day was the chicken ... which I found to be too hard and too sweet. 

Drinks were especially cheap here at Jia Jia ... I had a large glass of plain iced tea .... and it cost only RM1.00. 

This place is a regular for office workers nearby .... very packed and sometimes it can be difficult to get a table during lunch time. Nonetheless, I'd since visited Jia Jia many times for lunch. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...