Sunday, August 3, 2014

Mrs Yong's Almond Cookies

D inducted me to Mrs Yong's almond cookies.

"Why haven't I known them?" I asked. "Why haven't I seem them being sold in shops?"

 Only those who have eaten them will know and look for them. D answered me.

So one day, he gifted me a packet. Yayy!

And in no time, I had them for my afternoon tea, served of course with a cup of tea.

Yummy round almond cookies with hot tea

Here's another look

The cookies were firm and crisp, yet not hard, for they melted in the mouth with a distinctive taste of almonds. They weren't too sweet as well, and were perfectly enjoyable. A pack of 5 pieces sold for RM2.50. I really haven't seen them sold at the shops, perhaps I wasn't observant enough. But I know they had it a the cashier's at ABC Food Court.

I also had some butter shortcake ... these were bought by my Uncle all the way from the UK ... 

Soft and buttery shortcake fingers .... also very yummy with tea.

I rarely have tea breaks ... but that afternoon, I did and it was quite enjoyable. :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...