Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Auspicious Heng Hua Mee

The weather has been so unbearably hot these days, and I needed iced coffee to quench my thirst.

Iced coffee
I loved the iced coffee here, which had a good flavour and yet did not taste too sweet. 

Lunch was at Courtyard at Wisma Nation Horizon, and today, I had the Heng Hua noodles or Pah Mee.

Heng Hua Noodles, RM6.00
 I had to wait quite long for my noodles, what with the busy lunch crowd. But it was quite worth the wait, as I enjoyed the noodles a lot. 

Peek into the bowl .... 

For this dish, thick wheat noodles are used. I did quite like the texture, which is smooth yet not too springy. It soaks up the broth in the a flavourful way. The soup, was really hearty and sweet. The ingredients were varied from stall to stall, but here at this stall, there was seaweed, prawns, fishballs, pork slices, minced pork, egg omelette and roasted peanuts. I loved this dish!

D tells me that he used to have this traditional on every first day of the lunar new year. It symbolises longevity, he says. The Heng Hua clan also eat this on their birthdays. How apt, because today is my hatch day. :))

3 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...