Thursday, February 19, 2015

Reunion Dinner 2015

Happy Chinese New Year of the Goat! This year's reunion dinner is held at home .... and there are only my grandma, my parents, my 3 aunts and myself. Bro, Sil and Berry are flying back only on the first day.

This year, we had a total of 11 dishes, all homecooked, hearty dishes to usher in the New Year. But preparation was tedious, and took Mom many days. Most of the food were made from scratch.

Me? Well, I helped out here and there ... but credit had to go to Mom.

Dish 1 : Fish maw soup with homemade prawn balls

Dish 2 : Braised free-range duck


Dish 3 : Braised pork belly
This pork belly was braised together with the duck 

Dish 4 : Braised bamboo shoots (明笋)

Dish 5 : Steamed pork belly and yam

Dish 6 : Stirfry bamboo clam with curry

Dish 7 : Prawns in tamarind sauce

Dish 8 : Steamed tilapia fish

My aunts came with 3 dishes .... 

Dish 9 : Beef rendang

Dish 10 : Leeks stirfry 

Dish 11 : Kerabu midin 

Our dinner spread

My favourite dishes were the tender and aromatic duck, the bamboo clams, the prawns, the fish and the kerabu midin.  What a sumptuous meal ... one of the best reunion dinners ever!

Lastly, wishing everyone a very ... 

BLESSED & HAPPY CNY 2015

3 comments:

  1. Happy Chinese New Year. A lot of food yeah.. Me myself join my bf family for reunion dinner. They cooked a lot of food. 8 types all together. We have mixed vege, roasted chicken, ngoh hiang (meat roll full with chicken and prawn and some mushroom),teochew steam fish( tilapia).And another 4 type dishes I can't eat bcoz its not halal..pork leg ( my bf did told me that the pork leg is very yummy, and he wish I can taste some..hmmmm? Lol),fish maw pork soup,suan chai with Chinese pork sausage and last one is roasted duck.Actually the duck is halal . My bf mom bought the frozen duck with halal logo ,hoping that I will eat the duck. But so sorry ,I'm not duck lover. So ,.I told her next time buy the free range duck, the meat should be nicer than the frozen one. Don't worry bout me . I don't eat duck. Lol. Anyway,gong xi fa cai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, your reunion meal was better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yatty84 - your reunion dinner seemed fun!! sintaicharles - thanks! It's whom we eat with that's important, and not what we eat. I also wished that my brother's family could join us this year ... but it wasn't to be. :)) Happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...