Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Corn And Cucumber Salad (Tum Tang Kao Poad)

I fell in love with the corn and cucumber salad as soon as I ate it. I first ate it at C's house last year ...... and ever since then, I've been wanting to make it. Today, I finally had the chance to make it for the folks, and I'm glad they enjoyed it too.

Corn And Cucumber Salad 

In my salad bowl were .... 
3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 handful of long beans, crushed
1 cucumber, julienned
1 fresh sweet corn, steamed and kerneled
1 hard-boiled salted egg, cubed 

My dressing comprised ...
2 cloves garlic
2 cili padi
1 Tbsp palm sugar
1 Tbsp dried shrimp
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp lime juice

Pour the dressing into the salad bowl and toss well before serving. It's really yum! The secret ingredient is the salted egg .... which gave the salad a rich and distinctive flavour. Do try this very simple dish at home. It's yummy. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...