Monday, January 4, 2016

Luicha @ Sunrise Corner

I brought the folks to Hong Leong Bank at Pending. It was so crowded as there were so many people squeezed into the small banking hall. A majority of the people who came here were old and not very mobile, and there weren't enough places for them to sit and wait for their turns. There were only 4 counters operating at that time, and it was a long, long wait ... so obviously this bank is not very friendly for the seniors ....

After we have done our banking transactions, it started to pour ..... so while waiting for the rain to stop, I ate Luicha at Sunrise Corner - a coffee shop near the bank.

The rice was dry - not very good quality rice was used and could not really absorb the broth when I poured it into my bowl; the vegetables and other condiments tasted alright, but I could use with more salted radish for taste and textural purposes; the herbal broth was bitter, but I liked that it was served hot.

Overall, an okay bowl of Luicha which wasn't good enough to make me want to eat it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...