Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Goodies @ Cheras Market

Was at Cheras Market a few mornings and these were some of the stuff I tried. Among all, I loved the vegetable rolls the most.

Vegetable Rolls

It was sold by a man on his motorcycle cart outside the market. He only had 2 items on sale on his cart, that is these vegetable rolls and also stir fried beehoon.

Close-up shot

The rice flour skin was smooth and light, while the filling was tasty. It had shredded jicama, carrot, and was heavily flavoured with dried shrimps. Very nice indeed. The vegetable roll was RM1.70 per piece.

The vegetable rolls were served with a chilli belacan sauce, but to me, they were good enough to eat them on its own.

I also bought Loh Mai Kai from a stall at the market, RM2.50 per bowl. It was not bad too.

Loh Mai Kai

There were many stalls selling nasi lemak here, and I randomly picked a stall to buy from. Nasi lemak biasa costs RM2.00.

Nasi lemak wrapped in newspaper

That morning, I opted to have my Nasi lemak with chicken curry, to which I was charged RM3.50.

Nasi lemak with chicken curry

Well, I do like the Nasi lemak as the rice was fragrant with coconut milk, the sambal piquant and spicy. The vendor was generous with the deep fried peanuts and anchovies too! I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...