Friday, December 31, 2010

Unbelievable End

My heart is still thumping
Ever so rapidly
I clutch at it
For fear that it may just drop
Gasp
I struggle to catch my breath
My hands are cold
My teeth chattering
I gaze with unseeing eyes
I cannot believe it
And
A thousand thoughts rush through my head
So many memories flash before me
It starts to make sense!
Like missing pieces to a puzzle!
No wonder!!

I run
To a corner
I huddle
And I start to sob
I deny it
It is not true
I scream
I make excuses
I refrain from thinking
But I cannot
For it is there
All can see
Which I had stumbled upon
So innocently
Though the truth
I know not if I can accept
How can I make myself accept
With time
Will it be better
Will I heal
The chill that I feel
That emptiness
That hurt
Deep within
Will it go away
No wonder!!!

I shudder
At the betrayal
What a startling revelation
To end my year
So unexpectedly
;(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...