Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Rotiboy

Well, I never knew Mexican buns were so yum till this year. Call me a suaku or outdated, but I had never been tempted to try one till now. Why? Well, cause I have always found the aroma of the buns baking in the oven to be heady and overpowering.

About two months ago, I was rather sick with all the bread and buns at a local bakery, and so I bought a mexican bun to try. Once I ate it, I was addicted. It was crispy and sweet on the outside, and fluffy, salty and buttery on the inside. Yum. I headed back for more.

Walking from the KLCC LRT station, one could already smell that distinctive aroma of Mexican buns baking in the oven, courtesy of Rotiboy, located right at the edge of Suria KLCC. Business was really good as I could see people queuing up for all sorts of freshly baked buns.

Kuala Lumpur City Centre

I was not so fond of queuing up, unless I really had to. Nonetheless, I lined up for a taste of those Mexican buns a.k.a. Rotiboy buns, still fresh and hot from the oven. It took about 5 minutes before it was my turn at the cashier. Each bun is RM2.00.

My Rotiboy, resting snugly in its paper bag

Close-up shot

Indeed, Rotiboy's signature bun did not disappoint. Crispy, sweet and buttery all at the same time, it made a satisfying teatime treat in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...