Monday, December 27, 2010

Madam Lim's Kitchen Again

Madam Lim's Kitchen at Jusco Maluri serves Nyonya, Chinese & Thai fusion food. I'd eaten here twice already, and had been absolutely happy with the food.

When Bro suggested we go there for dinner, I jumped for joy. Yayy!

We ordered ...

Fishball & Seaweed Soup

Mixed Chicken & Seafood Padprik

Stir-fried beef with ginger

Claypot Tofu

We also ordered a stir-fried brinjal, but I forgot to snap a pic. Haha.

Well, bro & sil enjoyed the meal, but I found the dishes to be less impressive this time. Perhaps I was still full with a huge bowl of Yong Tau Foo curry that I ate for lunch. Perhaps I over-anticipated the meal. Or perhaps I was just tired of outside food.

Now, let's see. There were only 2 miserly fishballs inside the soup, and a lump of seaweed. I thought it was quite pathetic. Taste wise, it was alright. The padprik had too much spice, imo. The padprik here tasted more like Nyonya sauce. I preferred the Malay warung kinda padprik, if you know what I mean. Both the beef and the brinjal did not quite nail it for me. It was almost there, but not quite yet. Something lacking. Salt, maybe? The claypot tofu was alright, albeit too sticky.

Not very pleased with the food, but I did like my Assam Boi Lime Juice a lot!!! The lime was tangy and refreshing, and the steamed lime stuffed assam boi provided a bit of saltiness to it. Yummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...