Saturday, January 10, 2015

Chili Con Carne

My first lunch at the student hall when I was studying overseas was chili con carne, served with corn chips. I vividly recall my friends exclaim. What? Junk food for lunch? Lol. This was about 18 years ago.

But then, over the year that we had stayed in the hall, we'd grown to love the meal, and looked forward to having it for lunch or dinner. In fact, I've loved it so much, that I quickly learned to make it on my own. Now, once in a while, I'd still make it for my own consumption, and for my family too, of course.

I've not cooked for a long time, usually leaving the laborious task to Mom. But today, I had felt it. So I stewed a large pot of chili, using minced beef, tomatoes and spices. Then I served it with a bag of corn chips ...

 I dished the chili into a ramekin, topped with cheese and baked it in the airfryer, then served it with the chips .... Kinda trying to emulate those served at Chicago Ribs. Read here

Crunchy chips, spiced meat sauce and the rich flavour of the cheese ..... it was a perfect combination indeed.


Yumms ....

It was a yummy lunch for me today. Chili con carne, anyone? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...