Sunday, January 11, 2015

Wonderful Lunch @ Tarot Cafe Kuching

After last Sunday's infuriating experience at Flinders Station Kuching, I was a bit apprehensive about redeeming my Supermain voucher at Tarot Cafe today. D assured me that things would be alright.

There wasn't any patrons in the shop when we arrived, and we were greeted by a young, friendly-looking waiter. I presented my voucher, and was told that I would have to wait a while till they got the voucher verified.

D and I sat down and ordered our drinks ....

White Coffee
We asked for less sugar in our coffee, and thus was not too sweet. D thought it wasn't served hot enough. But then I often read that good coffee was brewed at between 90 to 95 degrees centigrade, just below the boiling point. So that was why it probably wasn't hot enough for D's liking ... 

Our voucher was then quickly verified, and the young boy came back to inform us what we could order. D and I made our choices, which he dutifully wrote down. Our meals were served quite quickly! And they tasted good too. So overall, I was delighted with today's food and service. 

We both ordered nasi lemak. The portion was very generous .... 

Nasi Lemak with Ayam Masak Merah, RM7.90

Nasi lemak with fried chicken thigh, RM8.90

The rice was very fragrant, fluffy and the sambal was delicious .... only that I could do with more of it. I loved the crispy fried chicken, and the faint coriander powder served over it .... very tasty, and much better than those I'd eaten at a few places too! The ayam masak merah tasted good too - very flavourful indeed. 

We got 2 side dishes with our mains ... 

Fried Hotate, RM5.00

Tako Balls, RM5.00

Both made great finger snacks. D and I took our time to finish our food - which was a lot! The environment here was quiet, and we could talk comfortably without any strain ..... So to sum up, I was happy with today's redemption. It was a good deal, and it made up for all the anguish I experienced last week. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...