Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Boycotting Lunch

The canteen at my work place this year is a disappointment, serving limited food choices and charging exorbitant prices for its food.

It's been only 3 days, and my colleagues and I have been complaining over the prices ....

"RM7.50," one colleague told me the sum he paid for breakfast ....

"RM9.20," another colleague exclaimed in annoyance.

Well, of the 3 days that I'd been working, I went there twice. On the first day, I went at 11.00 a.m., and there wasn't anything to eat .... so I ordered a plate of Nasi Goreng Kampung with an egg. It looked presentable, but I found it to be lacking in taste ... Ingredients included rice, some anchovies, some mustard greens, and egg ....

 Nasi goreng kampung, RM5.00

I felt that it was a bit expensive, yes. But perhaps it was because the food was cooked to order. Hmn ... 

Yesterday, I was there for lunch again, and this time I had rice, a scoop of vegetables and a serving of chicken curry and I had to fork out RM4.50 for a meagre plate of lunch. I felt that it was certainly not worth paying for. 

Rice with dishes, RM4.50

After that I made up my mind to boycott the canteen ..... I'll pack my own lunch or replace the meal with protein shakes or have biscuits .... whatever it is, I'll not be going till they adjust the price.

"Oh no, everyone's going to be slim this year," my colleague commented. Lol. Perhaps. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...