Saturday, January 4, 2014

Wedding Banquet @ Grand Margherita, Kuching

So an hour before the event, AT coaxed me to accompany him to a wedding luncheon .... and I did, albeit with some reluctance. I did not know the bride nor the groom after all, and wedding meals were really stuffy and boring ... sigh ....

But anyway ... I must say that the food was good! I did not take photos like I usually did .... cause except for AT, the table was occupied by people I did not know ... but I liked all the food served. Now, there was the cold dish, the sharks fin soup, the roasted duck, the steamed cod fish, buttered prawns .....

Compared to my cousin K's wedding reception the other day, the one here at Grand Margherita seemed more refined.

Just take a look at the only 2 photos I took ....

Braised sea cucumber with mushrooms and broccoli
I love this classic dish, which has the simplest of flavours. 

Lotus leaf rice
 The rice was not only nicely presented, it tasted really savoury and delicious. 

AT and I left not long after the rice dish was served .... phew .... I could finally breathe again .... 

Congratulations to the newly-wedded couple. Till death do you part.

*****
My cousin K's wedding luncheon. Read here.
My cousin K's wedding dinner. Read here

1 comment:

  1. Cold dish, shark's fin soup, roasted duck, steamed cod fish, and buttered prawns don’t sound boring to me. That is, depending on how they’re cooked. The food for your cousin’s wedding must have been excellent for you to find those dishes mentioned above boring. Judging by the photos you took from the reception, that must have really been the case.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...