Monday, January 20, 2014

Kenny Rogers Roasters

AT found out that his younger sister liked Kenny Rogers Roasters .... and so he was curious about why she liked it so. So after hanging out at the mall the other day, he proposed that we have dinner there. I did not mind, as I had never eaten at the outlet here in Miri before, and it was about time that I tried it out.

1/4 chicken with aromatic rice and Caesar Supreme Salad

1/4 chicken with garden pasta salad, coleslaw and potato salad 

 Signature square muffins ... 

It's been years since I had Kenny Rogers .... when it first opened in Malaysia in the 90's, my friends and I loved to go there for meals ... but over the years, the quality was not always consistent, and at one stage, I was so disappointed with the food that I had stopped going there for meals.

That evening at the mall, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal., reminiscing familiar flavours from the past .... I found the chicken to be well-marinated and well-roasted. A serving of gravy enhanced its taste. I had actually liked to mop up the gravy with the sweet and fragrant muffin ....  The side dishes too were delicious, just as I remembered them to be ...

And so I had a really pleasant meal, actually .... perhaps I should go visit it more often, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...