Friday, January 24, 2014

Nasi Minyak

A colleague's wife was doing us a favour by supplying us Nasi Minyak or oiled rice.

 A triangular pack of rice in oiled paper, chicken masak merah and cucumber pickles packed separately

A pack cost RM3.00, and many of us bought for breakfast or brunch .... 

A serving of Nasi Minyak

The rice had a very strong clove flavour, not for the faint-hearted. Lol. But I did like it, fortunately. The chicken masak merah was on the savoury side, and the cucumber pickles sour. I would have preferred them both to be slightly sweeter. I also wished there were more meat to eat with the rice .... as it was, I consumed about a third of the rice and threw away the rest .... what a waste.

It was, nonetheless, a change to my normal lunch menu. That made it interesting. :))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...