Friday, January 3, 2014

Lunch @Tom's Kuching

Everyone happens to be in Kuching for Christmas .... and thus, there formed a plan to meet for lunch.

"Somewhere nice," my friend said, and I was instructed to think about a place to gather.

How about that place in Padungan? my friend then suggested.

So I made a reservation for 11.30 at Tom's Padungan.

5 minutes before 11.30 a.m., I drove past Tom's and it was closed!!

I quickly called the restaurant up and enquired ... and the lady told me that they were opening "soon". Lol.

What we had ...

From top, clockwise : Prawn Aglio Olio, Mushroom Burger, Turkey Ham and Cheese Panini, and Chicken Chop

I was the one who had the chicken chop. The pan-fried chicken was nice - well-marinated, very crisp on the outside, and succulent and juicy inside ... and the black pepper sauce was served separately. The chicken was good enough on its own without the sauce. I enjoyed the salad, which was fresh and lightly dressed, a lot. 

Though I did not try the rest of the items, my friends sang praises of the food. 

For dessert, we had coffee and 3 types of cheese cake .... 

From top, clockwise : Coffee, Pistachio Cheese Cake, Blueberry Cheese Cake, Cappucino Cheese Cake

The cakes were good, very rich and cheesy ;P,  and indulgent .... but  they were very filling and we left more than half uneaten for each slice .... geez, it was a waste. 

Well, love the ambience of the place, the food was not really cheap, but then ... we did not mind indulging once in a while, especially when in company of great friends. :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...