Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cooking For One

When you're cooking for one, you cook a small portion at one time. So when I bought a little round cabbage and a can of sweet corn, I could use the two ingredients for 4 times. One could easily get bored eating the same vegetables ... but luckily, these two vegetables were versatile enough to be used in many dishes ....

Cabbage and corn in fried rice, together with some carrots and minced pork
It was rather easy, to dump everything into the work to stir-fry with rice. Nothing could go wrong with fried rice.

Corn, carrots, black mushrooms and minced pork stirfry. I added an egg in it too. 

Cabbage and chicken stew to warm me up on a cold, cold evening ...

 Cabbage, corn and minced pork stir-fry, served with an egg and rice

By the time I finished cooking these 4 wholesome dishes, I used up all the cabbage and corn. Thank goodness I am partial for these 2 vegetables. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...