Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bulatan Car Wash & Canteen

At the huge Taman Bulatan roundabout is a car wash and canteen which has been in operation for at least 2 months now.

The car wash business was really thriving. One Sunday morning, I drove there to have my car washed, but was told that the waiting time was at least an hour.

Today, S**** and I made our way there, and fortunately our car was attended to immediately. It took about 40 minutes to wash our car, inside and out. We were charged RM12.00 for the Kancil.

While waiting, we sat at the canteen to have our breakfast. Both of us had dry-tossed mee pok 面薄. The bowl of noodles came with sliced blanched sliced pork, 2 pieces of wantons, sliced kidney, liver, and chye sim. Hmn. I surely did not expect offal in my noodles, for kidney was something I did not eat.

Nevertheless, they were quite generous with the ingredients. My only complain was that the noodles were too greasy. The noodles were really glimmering with use of too much lard. It's really too bad, because the noodles were actually quite tasty. All they needed to do was to cut down on the use of oil.

Dry-tossed mee pok

The canteen could improve on their drinks though, especially the coffee. S**** and I both thought the coffee was too diluted and too sweet. I did not even bother to finish my cup.

Well, not a bad experience, especially if you need want to chow while waiting for your car to get washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...