Saturday, May 8, 2010

Unexpectedly Unhappy

She took my hand and said,
"I'm not happy . . . "
She said it
over and over
Her little mouth in a sulk
And tears in her eyes
I sat her down and comforted her
My poor dear

I expected to be happy
Yet unexpectedly I become unhappy
I had so anticipated
Yet now
I dread it
I wish it is not there
Can I bypass it?
I stare morosely at nothingness
And clutching my heart in my hands
Squeezing it tight
So it doesn't ache so bad
I'm so angry
With my own vulnerability
Be strong
Life does not wait for you
To mend your broken feelings
To ease the sore and the pain
Whether you want it or not
Decisions are made
And the saddest thing is
They are not up to you

My poor dear
I sat beside her
And held her hand tight
As sobs racked her trembling little body
Be strong
My dear girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...