Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Easy Tomato Soup

I haven't had anything home-cooked nor healthy for a long time. So for lunch yesterday, I decided to cook soup to warm my tummy up. I went to the shop behind my house for some minced pork and fresh tomatoes for my quick and easy tomato soup.

For a bowl of soup, I used 2 large tomatoes. I washed and cut the tomatoes into chunks. Next, I seasoned the mince with sesame oil, fish sauce, pepper and mixed it well. Then I chopped some anchovies and added them into my seasoned minced. The mixture is shaped into little round meatballs.

Once the ingredients were ready, I waited for a cup of water to boil in my AMC baby pot. Then I added the tomatoes and the minced meat. It only took about 3 minutes for the soup to boil. I let it simmer for 10 minutes. Then I turned off the heat and let the soup stand.

In my baby pot

When I was ready to have lunch, all I did was to reheat the soup, add some salt and pepper for seasoning, and then crack in an egg.

Easy Tomato Soup

The pork and the anchovies gave the soup an umami taste, and the tomatoes made it a little tangy. Most importantly, the rather healthy as it is low in fat, carb-free, and msg-free. Do try it at home ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...