Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dinner @ Ah Tao Bakuteh Jalan Bulan Sabit

AT and I were looking for a place nearby to have dinner .... and finally ended up at Ah Tao's along Jalan Bulan Sabit Merah.

This bakuteh joint was just opposite the Columbia Asia hospital, and in the evening commenced operations at 5.30 p.m.

We had a portion of bakuteh with garlic rice ....

A claypot bakuteh for 2 persons

Well, the broth tasted reasonably alright, and I would have preferred if it had a stronger herbal flavour. We ordered 3 vegetables with our meal .... 

Plain Stir-fried Kangkong

Stir-fried Okra with chopped dried prawns

Stir-fried bittergourd with egg

All the vegetables were nice, not overdone. AT did not like the bittergourd as the egg was a bit too raw for him. But I loved it and polished off almost the whole dish ....

I quite liked the clean and bright environment here ... and of course, the shop was rather spacious ... quite a comfy place to enjoy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...