Thursday, March 13, 2014

Dinner @ Meng Chai

We had RM200 worth of vouchers to redeem at Parkson, and with those vouchers, we redeemed a full-sized DKNY Golden Delicious eau de toilette. For the transaction, AT asked for free gifts. . Normally, there was only one gift with one purchase .... either that or one had to purchase up to a certain amount for extra gifts. But of course, AT coaxed the lady for 2 gifts - a free overnight bag, and a miniture perfume. He took the bag and gave me the cutesy perfume. Yippee. Love it lots! 

A really cute 7ml miniature Golden Delicious perfume

Then we joined the crowd at Meng Chai's for dinner ....

Sambal and lime, very shiok
Both AT and I loved it; but I think I loved it more than he did. Lols.

We had ...

Bitter gourd stirfried with garlic
Hmn .... I did not like this dish, I preferred the bitter gourd to be thinly sliced.


Ginger and soy chicken
The meat was tougher because of the free-range chicken used, but the sauces and ginger were well-balanced in flavour and coated the chicken quite well. Not bad. 

Tom yum steamed fish
The fish was huge! And in the spicy, tangy and piquant broth, there were slices of terung asam, okra and eggplant as well. 

Hmn ... these weren't the usual dishes I would order here at Meng Chai's .... but I did enjoy the meal overall, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...