Tuesday, March 11, 2014

RM4 vs RM4

The other day, I ordered a packet of rice for lunch .....

RM4.00

Though the dishes tasted nice, we were aghast because of the quantity. We thought the portion was really little. There were merely 2 pieces of chicken, and with not much meat too. Vegetables comprised of stir-fried cabbage and stir-fried cucumbers.

Was this the market price for economy food these days? It certainly did not seem to be economical at all!

So I was pleasantly surprised, when I packed this for lunch from Old Friend Cafe behind Bintang Plaza Megamall ....

Also RM4.00

A packetful of rice with a mountain of vegetables heaped atop. See the difference? Of course, the minus point here was the taste of the food ... which was a bit too bland for me.

RM4.00? 
Lol. Just kidding. Homecooked by me.

Homecooked is the best cook!! You get to eat whatever you want in the amount you feel that you want to eat. So it's just that you have to put in some work to get the food cooking! 


2 comments:

  1. not to be racist but the first pack, is it from malay shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. It was catered from a lady, a native. She cooked wonderful food ... just that the portion was little.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...