Saturday, March 22, 2014

Szechuan Flavoured Shao Mai

It was near noon, and we had not even eaten anything! Our stomachs were growling and the kuehs they had given out did not suffice ...

So the three of us headed nearby to Ming Xin's at Hilltop Garden, where I ordered ...

Szechuan-flavoured Shao Mai, RM4.00
What I liked about this Shao Mai was the distinctive taste of pickled Szechuan cabbage, which complemented and did not overwhelm. The three of us agreed that it was good. 

We each ordered a noodle dish ... and I had Cantonese-style fried kueh tiaw .... 

Flat rice noodles flooded with an egg gravy
The noodles were merely so-so, not really that great. As usual, I left more than half of the portion uneaten ...

We had waited quite long for our food somehow .... but it was great to spend that waiting time catching up. We hardly had time for that at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...