Friday, October 17, 2014

Groupon Lunch @ Pinnacle Thai Restaurant

My colleague PH bought a groupon voucher at RM40.00, but the voucher value was RM80.00. So on Friday, the three of us went for lunch.

First up, hot plain water was RM0.30 per glass. Cold plain water was RM0.50 per glass. To add lemon into a glass of water was RM0.50 too.

We ordered only 4 items .....

 Pineapple Fried Rice, RM30.00

 Midin belacan, RM10.00

 Panda Chicken, RM18.00

The rice was a large serving, enough for 4 persons, actually. It was quite textural with diced vegetables, pineapple cubes, chicken, prawns, egg and garnished with cashews. It tasted faintly of curry flavour ..... not bad actually.

The midin belacan wasn't nice .... though the vegetables were crunchy and not over-cooked, the belacan paste was tasteless .... 

The thigh meat used for the pandan chicken was tender .... but the flavour of the seasoning did not come through.

PH's favourite dish was the prawn creamy tom yum soup which was spicy and sour. A milk-based creamer thickened the soup. I liked the soup too, except that I found it too salty. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photograph of this dish .... The prawn tom yum soup cost RM25.00

Our meal came to RM84.60; We paid only RM4.60 after we used our voucher to redeem. I think the food was laden with lots of msg ...... as I was thirsty the entire afternoon ...   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...