Friday, October 3, 2014

Meet Up Over Dinner

N and I met up with our former P over dinner the other day. It was sure good to see him again, and we chatted over our meal .... and it reminded me so much of our weekly meetings every Friday, where we would discuss work matters over some food. How I missed those days, and how I missed working with my former P, a truly passionate educator who inspires me every time. Had he not left the school, I would probably also still be there .....

With us that evening was a teacher from Melaka ... and so, we wanted to have him try our local delicacies. Oh by the way, we went to Top Spot for dinner.

 Ayam pansuh 

 Umai obor-obor 

 Midin belacan

 Tom Yum soup

Sweet and sour fish

We also ordered Nestum prawns .... and I did not have a photo of that, though. All the food was delicious, and I particularly loved the ayam pansuh.

So it led me to wonder why was it that when I ate here with AT the other day, the food was really horrible ...... Read here. Then I realised that it's probably AT himself at fault ..... AT always told the staff that he requested for low-salt and no msg .... and that's perhaps why the food tasted icky. Lols. Next time, I'd do the ordering!!




2 comments:

  1. Ayam pansuh? Hmmmm, nice. I don't even know the place got ayam pansuh. By the way, which stall u ordered these food? Ling loong? Last time me and family did try the stall number 25, hmm called bukit mata or what , sorry just remember the stall number. The food not really nice. I can say the crab not fresh ,but the o chien not bad..so big. The chicken nestum also not bad, but others like midin , prawn and fish not really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do sell it at the little stalls at the open area of the food court. sometimes they come around the tables with their menu. do look out the next time you're there.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...