Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Lunch @ All Joy

All Joy is a very old eatery in Kuching. Does anyone remember it selling the best soy-braised duck rice ever? Well, that's over 30 years back, but I remember the fluffy white rice, served with tender slivers of soy-braised duck meat, drizzled with a sweet soy-braising sauce ..... and served with crunchy pickled cucumbers.

I do not think soy-braised duck rice is in the menu now. D and I went for lunch at the outlet at Wisma Saberkas the other day ..... and I ordered the chicken rice combo ....

Chicken Rice 

The chicken rice combo consisted of a large platter of rice topped with steamed chicken and pickles, papaya salad, soup and a glass of iced sweet orange cordial. The portion was huge, no doubt. I liked the pickles and not really anything else. 

D was on his carb-free diet ..... but he had a bowl of bubur chacha .... which I found to be too sweet. 

 Very sweet bubur chacha

And he ordered a bowl of chicken bak kut teh ...

Another huge portion here .... 

The soup had a strong taste of soy and was not as aromatic as I would have liked it to be ..... I did not like the soup but D liked it.

Hmn ..... I guess I did not particularly like eating there at all. :P

2 comments:

  1. both the chicken rice and bak kut teh also quite huge portion....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes .... but tastes only so-so. :P

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...