Saturday, October 18, 2014

Jacket Hunting

D and I were at the Spring a lot recently, because we were shopping for a jacket. There wasn't much choice, really ...... and after 2 trips, we finally settled on a smart-looking Bonia 2-way jacket; The damage? RM463.20. Pricey it was, but at least it was a classic piece which could last for a while.

We'd been to the Food Bazaar for our meals ....

 Ban mian

Ban mian was from the beef noodles stall. D seemed to like it as he ate this on two occasions. 

Braised Fried Noodle

The braised fried noodle was ordered from the wok-fried stall. I did not eat it, so I did not know whether it was nice or not.

I ordered rice from the "Melayu" stall on one occasion .... 

 Rice with beef masak kicap, yam stems masak lemak, and sayur ubi

The dishes were alright .... the beef was tender but a bit strong in cinnamon flavour and the sayur ubi was a tad salty. It was an enjoyable meal for me. The rice platter cost me RM9.80 though.

On another occasion, I wanted to eat a burger, so I bought a Swinger from Sugar Bun,

Swinger, RM6.90

Toasted sesame bread, cheesy sauce, seasoned chicken breast fillet with spicy coating, cheese, fresh lettuce ....

 The chicken did not fill the whole base oft he bun ... 

The burger was a bit dry .... but tasted alright. Not really that great, actually. After tax, I paid RM7.30. Not cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...