Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Kuching Food Festival 2017 : Probably The Last I'm Visiting This Year

Today, I brought the folks. Mom had been reluctant to visit as she insisted that everything was pricey. But Dad said he wanted to patronise his acquaintance at this stall selling Taiwanese shaved peanut ice-cream roll - stall 207. Anyway we bought ......

Satay being grilled at Pondok Satay  

 There were 3 varieties - lamb, chicken and beef
Each skewer cost RM0.70; I liked the lamb and the beef satays which weren't too tough and were nicely flavoured

We also bought ...  

Keropok lekor, RM3.00 for 10 pieces
The chewy keropok was relatively chunky, tasted alright, but the chili sauce wasn't yum at all ... 

I bought a taco ice-cream .... 

Taco ice-cream, RM7.00
The only nice thing about this ice-cream is its waffle shell -  the young girl told us that it's made fresh daily .... the ice-cream and the rest of the condiments were meh .... 

Dad's acquaintances ran stall 207 selling Taiwanese shaved peanut ice-cream roll ... 

Peanut block from Taiwan ... not too sweet ....  

Shaved and placed on a crepe-like popiah skin ....  

Topped with 2 scoops of yam ice-cream, cilantro and a little bit more of shaved peanut; I did not like yam ice-cream, so I asked for another flavour which they did not have; the fellow told me that in Taiwan, they ate it with yam ice-cream ... nah ... I've had this before in Taiwan and it wasn't yam ice-cream they were using over there ..... 

 RM4.00 per roll 
To be honest, yam ice-cream wasn't compatible with the peanut ... it overpowered the peanut ... I could hardly taste the peanut 

And the best item of the day .....

Mujin Teochew Oyster Pancake, RM15.00 

Long queue, long wait ..... but really worth it ....

 The pastry was gooey, the oysters were from Korea and they were so fresh, and the egg seemed to be very rich and fragrant too .. 

Even Mom, who herself is adept at making us this dish at home using prawns, said the oyster omelette tasted good. 

Well, starting tomorrow, I'll definitely be busy with work .... and I do not think I'll visit KFF 2017 again. Till next year then ....  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...