Tuesday, February 12, 2013

CNY Cookies

To help Mom this year, I purchased some cookies so that she would not have to make them herself. It was rather time consuming. After all, she only had a week to prepare.

So I came across interesting ones at the shops ....

 Top : Butter and chocolate squares. There were almond flakes in the squares too. Bro loved that. Bottom : Fermented tofu cookies. Both were yum ... one was sweet, rich and buttery with a hint of bitter chocolate, while the other was slightly sweet and salty. It had a faint taste of fermented tofu. This was the first time I had come across this! 

The triangular ones were coffee almond crisps, followed by cheese sticks, and pineapple cheese cookies. The coffee ones were rather addictive! And the other was a very interesting combination of sweet pineapple jam, wrapped in pastry and sprinkled with grated cheddar! 

Green pea cookies - The green rounds were very fragile and melted in the mouth .... it had a very prominent taste of green pea. Next to it with sesame seeds on top is savoury chicken crispies which Mom made using potato crisps and chicken granules. 

This year of the Water Snake ...

A cutesy snake cookie which I ate at my Uncle's place ... ;))

Mom said I bought too many .... well, yeah .... maybe I went overboard. But it's only once a year, so what the heck. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Chinese New Year! I really love reading about your Louis Vuitton Zippy Wallet story ;) super exciting! I want to get one too next July during my Singapore trip. As you have already celebrated your 1st year anniversary with that gorgeous wallet, could you please hit me back with an update on it? Thank you so much! xo, deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks deb, happy chinese new year to you too! Glad you like the LV sharing. Will do a write up soon. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...